Overcoming an addiction to alcohol or drugs is rarely an easy process. Even in cases where individuals have a strong desire to change their lives and stop using, the disease of addiction, combined with the stresses of life, can create what feels like and overwhelming obstacle.
Substance Abuse Assessment:
Key Development Center professional substance abuse evaluation for alcohol or drugs is the process used to understand the substance abuse problem, and to make treatment recommendations that can begin developing a long term recovery plan for overcoming the addiction. The substance abuse treatment recommendations are based on the strengths and needs of the client. All evaluations are conducted by an experienced Certified Addictions Counselor (CAC) and recommendations are based on the DSM-IV and ASAM Placement Criteria. We believe communication is important, we provide our clients with an overview of their recommendations, as appropriate, and provide contact information for community resources.
What do you need to bring to the Assessment?
At time of service, clients are responsible for submitting all requirements and documentation, along with contact information for the person or agency that is to receive the results of the assessment. This includes:
Michigan Secretary of State Driver License Evaluations:
- Court /organization documents & requirements as applicable
- Name of Referring Organization
- Contact person name
- Phone number
- Contact fax number
- Contact address
If your driver's license has been revoked due to one or more operating under the influence convictions, the Michigan Secretary of State (DLAD) will require that you submit a substance abuse evaluation conducted by a qualified evaluator before a hearing will be set. There is no substitute for professionalism and experience when it comes to your DLAD Substance Abuse Evaluation. You are offered one opportunity per year to Request a Hearing - make sure your evaluation is done correctly. Know your date of sobriety and have 12 months of clean time.
Driver's License Evaluation will include:
Required for Evaluation:
- Providing and preparing the required substance abuse evaluation as formatted by the state.
- Providing a copy of the Addiction Severity Index.
- On-site collection of the 10-panel drug screen with all integrity variables.
- An understanding of what information is relevant to the appeal and what is not.
- A copy of your Michigan Driving Record.
- If you have previously applied, a copy of the denial letter from the SOS, bring it.
- Verification of completion of treatment, as well as proof of attendance at any support groups.